What to expect
A specialist orthodontist will find out what your concerns are and what you would like to achieve from orthodontic treatment. They will examine your mouth and then discuss treatment options and work with you. You will also be able to spend time with our treatment co-ordinators who will be able to further explain and answer questions you may have.
At your initial appointment you will be asked to fill in forms relating to your medical and dental history. This will be done before you see the orthodontist.
Your orthodontist will discuss the treatment fully explaining pros and cons. You will be given an inclusive quotation. There will be no hidden costs. Our fees cover your treatment from start to finish, this includes a period of up to a year after the braces have been removed.
Once treatment has been explained and you have a quotation you may take as much time as you need to decide whether you wish to proceed. You will be told how long your quotation is valid for.
During treatment we will request the following to help the process proceed smoothly and to help maintain the health of your teeth.
- Please co-operate with treatment and wear appliances and elastics as directed
- Please attend your appointments and give us at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend.
- Please arrive on time for your appointments.
- Please contact us if you have problems with your brace or think it is broken.
- Please do not adjust your own braces.
- Please keep your teeth and braces clean during treatment.
- Please continue to see your dentist for regular check-ups.